Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Homeschooling Updates

The honey bees.
My twin girls are lapbooking along with the Rod and Staff schooling. We are enjoying cutting and gluing. Well, I am enjoying cutting and gluing! These lapbooks are from Danielle's Place. Along with the lapbooking ideas at Lapbooking Lessons. Here is our school bulletin board. All set for 2010. This helps the younger ones to write 2010 instead of 2009.
My husband and I are considering switching the older four children to SOS Switched On Schoolhouse curriculum.
We were recently blessed with 4th and 5th grade and hope to obtain 6th grade here shortly. My oldest child is currently using 7th grade SOS and is doing quite well.
This will allow me more one on one time with the twin girls for reading lessons and so on. They do recognize some words. But sounding out words are another story. So goodbye Konos Curriculum(sad). But I know this is going to benefit our homeschool more than struggling along. We will continue with Rod and Staff math and phonics. I think my husband wants to continue the R & S math for all the children. But we shall see.

2 comments:

AOP said...

Hello, my name is Kristi Gesink and I work for the Homeschooling Company Alpha Omega Publications. I noticed after reading through your blog that you are using our Switched on Schoolhouse curriculum to teach your children at home. We would like to say a big thank you for mentioning our curriculum on your blog and we would appreciate it very much if you would please post a link from your blog to our site at http://www.aophomeschooling.com, that way friends and readers could simply click on the link and find out more information about your great curriculum choice.

If you have any questions please email me at tkgesink@mtcnet.net

Thanks again and have a wonderful day!
,Kristi Gesink,
AOP

Eva said...

I loved the bees! I am so glad that you have found the next thing you need in your homeschool journey! That is what is so wonderful about homeschooling. You can adjust methods and curriculum to best fit everyone! Do I need to start praying for some added computers for your home? :)

Okay, I am off to check out SOS! :)